WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are widely used small files or devices that are installed in the user’s browser with the purpose of storing, recovering or updating data. They allow the website maintainer to determine the preferences of users when navigating through their website and personalise the services offered based on these preferences
At ADAPTA we use third party cookies, which allow us to carry out an analysis of use and measurement in order to ensure that our websites function correctly so we can improve our services.
The third-party cookies that are used to obtain information on visits, measure and analyse browsing on the website and personalise some services, are the property of Google Analytics, Google, Google Maps and Youtube. ADAPTA, as well as Google Analytics, Google, Google Maps and Youtube, have access to the data collected by the devices, the property of the latter.
TYPES OD COOKIES
Depending on their purpose, cookies may be:
- Technical cookies: these are necessary for browsing. Without them the page would not function properly (user login cookies for on-line shopping baskets, multimedia player session, etc.).
- Personalisation or configuration cookies: these allow the page to recognise the user’s language, the font size, etc.
- Security cookies: prevent or hamper attacks against the website or other users.
- Analytics cookies: these allow user activity to be measured and to prepare browsing statistics.
- Advertising cookies: these manage the frequency and content of adverts.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these store information on users in order to display personalised advertising to them.
CONTROL OF COOKIE USE
If you want to delete cookies that are already stored on your computer, you can do this from your browser. To do this, go to the help menu of your browser which will instruct you on how to delete them.
For more information:
- Internet Explorer:https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox:https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-loeschen-daten-von-websites-entfernen
- Google Chrome:https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=de
COOKIES THAT WE USE
There are different types of cookies on our website and these are used for different purposes. Below is a list of the different cookies that we use.
Third party Cookies
These types of cookies are those that are created and managed by third parties, i.e. they are established by domains other than that of the website being visited. (Different cookies have different functions):
- Utma: This cookies must be set for Google Analytics to function correctly, and it is a persistent cookie that expires after 2 years.
- Utmb: This cookie is used to know the time that the user spends on our page and number of pages that the user visits, or, which is the same, how long the visitor visits/sessions last. By default, this cookie expires after 30 minutes.
- Utmc: This cookie is used together with __utmb to determine if a new session has been established by the user. This cookie expires when the browser is closed, therefore, if the user logs in and this cookie does not exist, a new session must be set.
- Utmz: This cookie is used to carry out visit attribution, that is from where and how the user has arrived at our website. It has a default duration of 6 months.
- Zlcmid: This cookie stores a user identifier so a chat session can be maintained. Persistent.
- Utmv: This parameter can be set by us to distinguish visitors, for example to determine the if the visits are from registered or non-registered users.